FUEL YOUR CAREER
Are you looking for the next role to jump-start your career and gain a wealth of experience & knowledge working alongside our friendly & progressive team ? Find our latest opportunities below and get in touch via email@example.com if you are interested in joining Securestorm, the Cloud & Cyber Security Experts.
Current opportunities at securestorm
data protection advisor
In-line with our philosophy, we have a simple internal structure which provides a clear career path. The Senior Consultant grade requires the post-holder to deliver Data Protection and Privacy consultancy on a number of external client’s projects or business support engagements both within the Government and Private sectors.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of Data Protection and Privacy advice around GDPR and the UK DPA. The production of deliverables, including compliance gap analysis and audit reports, as well as acting as a Data Protection Officer and or manager.
The role will require that you are able to work effectively as part of a wider team or independently on client site as well as working as part of the Securestorm team. You will be responsible for some elements of managing projects as well as client expectations.
As part of the DPA role, the successful candidate will be expected to be able to :
- Manage the assignment of responsibilities to deliver compliance with data protection laws and policies.
- Inform and advise on data protection laws and customer policies
- Maintain customer data protection policies and procedures
- Monitor compliance with data protection laws and customer policies
- Oversee the maintenance of records required to demonstrate data protection compliance
- Supervise and advise on data protection impact assessments
- Manage a program of awareness-raising and training to deliver compliance
- Data Protection audit and compliance activities conducted with clients
- Data Protection gap analysis and review
- Policy and process review and development
- Liaison with customer stakeholders
- Assist with Securestorm sales tenders and bid documentation
Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- A legal, compliance, IT security/ InfoSec or audit background
- Expert knowledge of data privacy legislation including GDPR, UK DPA, etc
- Substantial knowledge of Data Protection and best practice approaches
- Experience in managing data incidents and breaches
- Ability to make good judgements regarding data privacy risks and to prioritise resources and activity around managing those risks.
- Sound and demonstrable knowledge of security & compliance measures within a wider IT or governance spectrum
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate security-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Good written skills at all levels, both technical and non-technical
- Ability to produce deliverables of a high-quality nature
- Ability to proactively engage with clients
- Adaptable to work within a team
- Able to plan and manage a portfolio of client projects
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Experience of identifying leads whilst on client site or at events/conferences
- Experience of supporting sales leads and contributing towards bids and proposals
- Willingness to undertake travel to client site as required
- Ability to use spreadsheets and other office packages
- Eligibility to undergo and maintain a UK government Security Clearance (BPSS)
Desirable Experience and Qualifications
EU GDPR Practitioner qualification or equivalent.
Securestorm Office in Holborn, London, based, with travel to client locations within London.
- Flexible working pattern – 22.5 hours per week (e.g: 4.5 hours per day)
- Base salary of £60,000 Pro-rated
- 25 days paid holiday plus Public Holidays pro-rated
- Company pension scheme – 5% non-contributory
- Training budget allowance based on grade
- Flexible benefits allowance worth up to £2,000 including Private Medical Insurance
HOW TO APPLY
If you would like to join our dynamic consultancy with big ideas, please apply with your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org