Securestorm (also referred to as we, us, our) collects, processes and retains personal information about individuals (also referred to as users, visitors) only when submitted using the “Contact Us” form, accessing our published applications, undertaking surveys, applying for events attendance, through subscriptions or through any direct contact.
This information can include:
- Contact details – email and phone contacts
- Visiting IP address
Unless a person voluntarily submits personal data to us (for example, by sending us an e-mail or completing the contact form), we cannot personally identify an individual.
We also collect anonymous user data automatically (using cookies and web analytics) when anyone visits www.securestorm.com or uses our published applications.
- high level geographical region the device used to access our website was in;
- type of device used;
- operating systems, internet browser type;
- network service provider;
- the address of the referring website from which you accessed our website;
- search engine terms and results;
- date and time of visit;
- information on the usage of our website such as time spent on each page, clicks on a page, downloads, etc.
The data we collect helps us to:
- understand topics of interest;
- understand market demand and trends;
- understand website usage and engagement;
- understand visitor profiles e.g. geographical.
We use the collected data to:
- improve our website design and content;
- improve our products and services;
- market our products/services better including marketing communications and search engine optimisation;
- respond to any feedback .
We will seek clear consent from individuals before sending marketing communications to them. Individuals will have the right to opt-in if they wish to receive marketing updates from us. Only individuals who agree to receiving such communications will form part of our marketing address book. We respect individual rights to review their consent at any time and remove their details from our marketing address book. As a practice, we do not contact anyone on their mobile phone numbers for general marketing purposes unless specifically requested to do so.
Where personal data is stored
We store personal data in digital format on secure cloud servers and systems hosted in the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom, Germany and the United States of America. Access to personal data is highly restricted internally for approved business purposes only.
Any personal data collected in paper form (e.g. surveys, business cards, etc.) are securely filed at our office location in the UK.
Personal data is retained for a maximum period of 3 years unless required for specific legal or regulatory purposes.
Keeping personal data secure and disclosing your information
Transmitting information over the internet is generally not completely secure. We have procedures and security in place to try and keep personal data secure once it is in our systems.
We won’t share personal information with any 3rd party organisation for market research, marketing, or commercial purposes without specific consent from the user.
Links to other websites
Following a link to another website from www.securestorm.com
Following a link to our website from another website
Rights of Individuals
Securestorm respects the rights of individuals on their personal data. You may contact us to seek details of your personal data with us, its rectification, modification, deletion or portability.
Complaints, Suggestions, Feedback
Individuals may send their complaints, suggestions, feedback or observations regarding their data privacy to our Data Protection Officer (DPO). Our Data Protection Officer can be reached on email via DPO@Securestorm.com
Policy review, updates and communications